Any Totos (entrada?) still take flappers

Users who are viewing this thread

BlakeleyProperties

Remodeler
Reaction score
So I haven't installed a new "tower" Toto yet, and I admit I'm a bit nervous because I associate Tower with Mansfield, and have a well developed hatred for Mansfield toilets. On the other hand I love Toto.

The other issue is I like to put the fluidmaster leak sentry valve on tenant toilets, as they actually then call for flapper replacements.

Given that, can I use the Fluidmaster and a flapper on the entrada?

It occurs to me I should have a Drake II in storage somewhere I should take a look at, but I would welcome all advice.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
So far the Entrada tanks have had the 3" flapper in them.

st243e-inside-tank.jpg

index.php

Last edited:

Treeman

Reaction score
I installed a Drake in my workshop about 2 years ago with tower assembly. Our water is very hard with lots of rust buildup. I was very old school and wanted to go with the traditional flapper I was familiar with. I, too, was concerned when the new toilet showed up with the tower assembly. After 2 years, the tower is working flawlessly. I put a bit of iron out in the tank twice monthly to clean up the rust build up.

Just one data point, but I would not hesitate to buy another tower model. I actually had more difficulty with the flappers on the old toilet.

BlakeleyProperties

Remodeler
Reaction score
Thank you all.

Thing about the flapper is it also (should) let me replace the valve with a leak sentry, which is great for unmetered apartments. It gives me an automatic signal when the flapper is going bad, as I get a service call.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks