Is 18 sprays heads on 1 zone too many?

Users who are viewing this thread

Peter Kasemi

Reaction score
Just purchased a used house, old homeowner didnt use sprinklers in ages, so I decided to change valve and heads.

I know 18 is way too many if using rotors, but if all 18 heads are sprayers, then it wouldn't be a prohlem right?

Just trying to rule this out bc my spinklers dont put out enough pressure for some reason.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
There is no simple answer without getting more information as the Valveman asked for. 18 heads can work on one zone if the pump is large enough and the pipe size and layout are done correctly. This guide from Hunter can help to get some idea what you need. Most yards you have a mix of 1/4, 1/2 and full spray patterns. With the right layout and delivery, you can dump more water per square foot with pop ups than rotors. Currently if the pop ups are close to each other, say 8', and all 18 can cover the ground surface, it may work just fine. Try it first before making any changes.

https://www.hunterindustries.com/ir...zzles#node_product_full_group_models_tab_item

Peter Kasemi

Reaction score
What is the source of water? Do you have a pump and how much pressure does the pump build? How many GPM's do the spray heads put out?

Hey bud, source of water of from underground well. I have no idea how strong the submersible pump is in the well (only way would be to have it removed Id assume?) The spray heads out out 0.1 gpm.

Peter Kasemi

Reaction score
There is no simple answer without getting more information as the Valveman asked for. 18 heads can work on one zone if the pump is large enough and the pipe size and layout are done correctly. This guide from Hunter can help to get some idea what you need. Most yards you have a mix of 1/4, 1/2 and full spray patterns. With the right layout and delivery, you can dump more water per square foot with pop ups than rotors. Currently if the pop ups are close to each other, say 8', and all 18 can cover the ground surface, it may work just fine. Try it first before making any changes.

https://www.hunterindustries.com/ir...zzles#node_product_full_group_models_tab_item

When you say pipe size, you talking about the irrigation piping or the pipe going down into the well?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks