Main sewage line?

Users who are viewing this thread

Krutch

Reaction score
Hello we my wife and I have been doing some remodeling in our home lately. I was considering renting an auger and cleaning our main line. All of the drains in our house seem to have a consistent build up of water so I thought it would be a good idea. I was walking around the house and came across these two outlets. Are these my mainline access points?? THANKS!

Attachments

• 20200425_144634.jpg
    20200425_144634.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 171

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
They are cleanouts. What is on the other side of the wall? Very unusually to have these in another finished room. Could there have been a double sink in that room before a remodel?

Krutch

Reaction score
They are cleanouts. What is on the other side of the wall? Very unusually to have these in another finished room. Could there have been a double sink in that room before a remodel?
It is actually our master bedroom. It's a split level home. The other side is a shower.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
If this is the lower level of the split it makes sense because at one time it probably was an unfinished room. Your blockage can be anywhere but since it most of the house you start at the closest point to the main. If it is a septic tank, it may need to be pumped out and the drain field checked, if it a city sewer, tree roots or a dip in the pipe, even a break if it is a clay pipe. Or just a plan pld blockage hung up on the pipe joint.

Last edited:

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!
If you search around, you will see that the pros do not recommend that us DIY'ers auger our own main lines. It is actually dangerous if you are not experienced or trained.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks