Basement Barhroom

Users who are viewing this thread

Karl Knudson

Reaction score
I would like to install a basement half bath. My best option is to do that near the 4"stack. It turns to horizontal at the basement floor and heads out to the sewer. I have a laundry drain that will need to be moved. When I measured the closet flange would be about 36 inches from the stack connection. Would you recommend a vent for that fixture or is it close enough to the stack? Also I have not done any plumbing in the ground below the concrete before so any tips or details would be appreciated. The first photo dhows the existing stack connection. The second shows the old laundry connection that will be moved. The new closet flange will be in the same place as the elbow in the concrete but 12" away from the new 2x4 stud wall that will be built inside of the foundation. Thanks

Basement1.jpg
Basement2.jpg

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You might be able to remove the 2" out of the fitting and go with a 3" line there. Be sure to have your 2" vent before heading over for the toilet. Done right, the 2" vent could also serve for the lav.

Karl Knudson

Reaction score
I made a couple of scale drawings. By the time I got done with the drawings most of the drains and vents seem to make sense. The concrete floor is not in great shape and has been patched where the old plumbing is. I made my hole with a small claw hammer without much effort. It's not very thick or level at all and under the thin layer of concrete is dirt. Would you normally place PVC directly in dirt? How muck concrete should cover the plumbing? Are there any other details that I need to consider? Do you see any errors in my drawings?
Basement Elevation.jpg
Basement Floor Plan.jpg

Attachments

• Basement Floor Plan.jpg
    Basement Floor Plan.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 123
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks