Help me understand venting in a basement with 2 bathrooms and a bar

Users who are viewing this thread

IndyGopher

Reaction score
Hi all! Just finished framing my 2200 sf basement and am starting the electric now. Was originally planning to hire the plumbing, but given the quarantine I've got time on my hands and am considering tackling it myself. Been reading up on roughing in, and one thing that confuses me is venting. The house was new construction 11 months ago, and we had it roughed in for two full bathrooms and a wet bar with a small sink. They left PEX stubs in the ceiling pretty close to every place that needs water, but venting I know nothing about. I'm including a link to some photos and hoping an expert can help me make sense of them.

From the very little research I've done, this is a "wet venting" situation where the bathroom sinks ("lav?") handle the venting up to capped stubs off PVC lines nearby. I count 3 of those up in the ceiling: one near the master bath (toilet, separate vanities, and separate tub and shower) and two near bathroom 2 and the ejector pit (which has a line running up the wall labeled "vent" that then splits off into those two stubs). Nothing near the wet bar.

All thoughts and advice appreciated, and no offense will be taken! Thanks!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/5PozNEg4oLMqoaM17

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Any place you have a vent should connect to the capped off vents in the ceiling. If the bar sink has nothing nearby, perhaps an AAV there.
The sewage ejector pump needs it's vent connected up and it's 2" discharge to a 3" or larger waste line. It needs a check valve, which you may have and a shutoff valve so that you can work on it without ruining your clothes and carpets.

The sewage pump discharge does better with long sweep fittings and wyes. Keep it moving fast.

Don't forget cleanouts at the lavs.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks