Sprayer replacement

Users who are viewing this thread

Dr_1400

Reaction score
I am replacing a leaking sprayer head on kitchen sink. The replacement nut will not fit over the sprayer hose. Is one of the following correct?

1) Replacement sprayers must be sized correctly (no universal hose diameter)
2) I need to upgrade my old hose to accept a new sprayer head?

top pic shows nut that won’t fit over hose
Bottom pic shows old nut that slides right into place

4AC04678-DC11-4066-A819-B2BD2D0D3438.jpeg
8A5BCC04-1178-4831-BFE9-560C95B19C20.jpeg

Dr_1400

Reaction score
I am replacing a leaking sprayer head on kitchen sink. The replacement nut will not fit over the sprayer hose. Is one of the following correct?

1) Replacement sprayers must be sized correctly (no universal hose diameter)
2) I need to upgrade my old hose to accept a new sprayer head?

top pic shows nut that won’t fit over hose
Bottom pic shows old nut that slides right into place

View attachment 61014 View attachment 61015

Bumping this, anyone have ideas? Leaking sprayer driving me nuts!

James Henry

In the Trades
Reaction score
you need to disconnect the sprayer hose from the faucet, write down the make and model # of the faucet and take it to the hardware store and try to match, it its that simple. The new sprayer and hose will list on the package which faucet it will work with. if they don't have it you can easily order it on line. also the faucet may have a lifetime warranty and you might be able to get the replacement part for free. look it up. theirs 6 different ways to tackle this but you need to start with finding out the make and model # of the faucet then you can call around.

Dr_1400

Reaction score
you need to disconnect the sprayer hose from the faucet, write down the make and model # of the faucet and take it to the hardware store and try to match, it its that simple. The new sprayer and hose will list on the package which faucet it will work with. if they don't have it you can easily order it on line. also the faucet may have a lifetime warranty and you might be able to get the replacement part for free. look it up. theirs 6 different ways to tackle this but you need to start with finding out the make and model # of the faucet then you can call around.
Thank you, I appreciate the help.

Dr_1400

Reaction score
Don't forget the clip that holds the spray handle on the hose.

danco-sprayer-clip.jpg
I took the clip off and got to the point shown in this picture, but the replacement nut (“A” in the graphic you posted) won’t slide past the end of the hose. Am I missing something there?

Attachments

• D6BA2AD1-AA1C-45A0-98D6-4320C7E85A82.jpeg
    D6BA2AD1-AA1C-45A0-98D6-4320C7E85A82.jpeg
    81.7 KB · Views: 207

Dr_1400

Reaction score
Did you also remove the nylon washer?
D

danco-sprayer-clip.jpg
I did not remove the part I’ve pointed to in this image. I didn’t think I should because the old nut slides right over that, as well.

Attachments

• 8FCC5844-16AD-4735-A072-B7C487EF3EC0.jpeg
    8FCC5844-16AD-4735-A072-B7C487EF3EC0.jpeg
    48.4 KB · Views: 151

Dr_1400

Reaction score
I did not remove the part I’ve pointed to in this image. I didn’t think I should because the old nut slides right over that, as well.
Connection underneath is this. Would like to replace the whole hose and sprayer at this point, but we’re an hr from a hardware store and not sure what to make of the connection. Quick connect?

0379BED2-5C87-4EF8-A758-2F8773981B00.jpeg

Dr_1400

Reaction score
Is that a tag on the supply line to the faucet? You might have to connect the manufacuer for a replacement.
I am not sure. This is at a remote off grid cabin, I’m not there now. Will check that out next time I am there.

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
Reach up under there and squeeze that black thing where the hose meets the faucet. It's a quick connect and is brand specific. Squeeze it and push up some, then pull it down. Should disconnect.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks