Move Kitchen Island vent and drain approx 12"

Users who are viewing this thread

econjon

Reaction score
I had my plumber rough in the DWV and H2O supply. I now realize it's in the wrong place by about 10-12".

I know I cannot have horizontal runs in the island DWV loop (at least not below cabinets). Can I 45 the stacks toward where I need them and then 45 back up for the vent loop?

Picture attached

Attachments

• IMG_7709.jpg
    IMG_7709.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 198

econjon

Reaction score
45's on the vertical are fine.
Looks like a nice job on the Island vent.

Thanks for the quick reply Terry!

I just realized that the as I 45 the stack away, the drain outlet height will necessarily increase. By my math moving it over 9" puts bottom of clean-out/drain fittings at 14" off finished floor. Could I swap positions of clean-out with drain to get back some height? Probably not legal. Or is there a clever way to solve this?

econjon

Reaction score
Just a thought. Can I run the drain line laterally after it comes out of floor (with 1/4"/ft) using long 90's and use the 45's on the vent side?

Pic of idea attached

Attachments

• IMG_7710.jpg
    IMG_7710.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
Just a thought. Can I run the drain line laterally after it comes out of floor (with 1/4"/ft) using long 90's and use the 45's on the vent side?
Yes on the the 90s, and only the left-hand one needs to be long. The one that feeds into the floor could be long or medium.

Yes on having two 45s above the santee, which bring the AAV back to within 15 degrees of straight up.

econjon

Reaction score
Thanks.

Going for broke. Is it legal to run the 1 1/2" vent pipe laterally on the floor as well using 90's instead of 45's for the 9" run?

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
Going for broke. Is it legal to run the 1 1/2" vent pipe laterally on the floor as well using 90's instead of 45's for the 9" run?
You mean horizontally along the floor? No, a vent pipe can not be horizontal on the story it serves below 6 inches below the flood level of the sink or whatever the venting is for.

You may mean something else.

econjon

Reaction score
That was the question! Thanks! I'll make it work with the 45's. Just have to cut out a bit of back side of sink cabinet. At present the aav is in the middle of the cabinet where the sink is supposed to go! But there's dead space 9" back in the middle of the island. That's where I'm trying to get the AAV into.

Reach4

Reaction score
That was the question! Thanks! I'll make it work with the 45's. Just have to cut out a bit of back side of sink cabinet. At present the aav is in the middle of the cabinet where the sink is supposed to go! But there's dead space 9" back in the middle of the island. That's where I'm trying to get the AAV into.
How about a photo or sketch -- side view approximately.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks