Looking for the best product to dissolve slow draining line

Users who are viewing this thread

DIYourselfer

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a PVC drain pipe(toilet/sink and shower) going in to a concrete wall and making an immediate 90 degree horizontal left turn and after a few feet I think it makes a 90 degree vertical turn down to the sewer. Its all encased in concrete. There is no way to use a snake so I would like to use something to dissolve whatever ( hair, toilet paper, feces) that is causing it to drain very slowly.

This is in the Philippines. I am not sure what products they have here but I can get whatever you recommend from the States and ship it here.
What is the best product to use to pour in to the drain to try to dissolve any clogs?

Thanks in advance.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
BIO-CLEAN is... a blend of bacteria and enzymes. The bacteria are natural, not genetically-engineered.

This stuff eats the grease naturally. It's a jar with what looks like a powder that mixes with warm water and is put down the drain. It's safe to use.
It works on organic matter, not so much on paper.

bio-clean-terrylove-01.jpg

Last edited:

DIYourselfer

Reaction score
Thank
BIO-CLEAN is... a blend of bacteria and enzymes. The bacteria are natural, not genetically-engineered.

This stuff eats the grease naturally. It's a jar with what looks like a powder that mixes with warm water and is put down the drain. It's safe to use.
It works on organic matter, not so much on paper.

Thank You Terry. Can I use it daily in order to get the pipe cleaned as quickly as possible?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Daily is good in the beginning. It's not an acid that burns things quickly though. It does clear the pipe entirely around though, not just a small hole at the bottom.

http://www.bio-clean.com/bioclean/what.html

Bio-Clean is non-poisonous. It creates no heat, no fumes, no boiling. It does not attack live tissue nor inorganic materials, only organic wastes like grease, hair, food particles, paper, cotton & sewage. This makes BIO-CLEAN safe for people, plumbing and the environment. BIO-CLEAN changes the waste particles into water, carbon dioxide and mineral ash which run harmlessly out of your waste system. These elements are then available for plant life.

DIYourselfer

Reaction score
Thank You so much Terry. I have not seen that product here in the Philippines so I will have a friend bring some over from the states.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks