Sealing well pipe inlet in basement wall

Users who are viewing this thread

Alan Hill

Reaction score
20200325_182145[1].jpg
I'm hoping with all the great advice I have seen and used before that this question can be resolved easy.

I purchased an old home that has a well system. The well water supply pipe and electric cable comes in through the basement cinder block wall (see photo). I have sealed the wall with MasterSeal 581, wich has stopped the groundwater leak I had in the wall, I now have the groundwater leaking through this hole. I need to know the correct way to seal this hole and make it waterproof.

Reach4

Reaction score
I purchased an old home that has a well system. The well water supply pipe and electric cable comes in through the basement cinder block wall (see photo). I have sealed the wall with MasterSeal 581, wich has stopped the groundwater leak I had in the wall, I now have the groundwater leaking through this hole. I need to know the correct way to seal this hole and make it waterproof.
Dig down and do it from the outside. Hydraulic cement is one material. Don't just poke it into the hole, but glob it up out there.

Fitter30

Reaction score
Hydraulic cement would only be a short term repair because the pvc and the wiring there would be expansion and contraction of both. Plastic roofing cement in a caulking tube. After cleaning the hole push the plastic nozzle in as far as it will go and fill.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks