PEX repipe- slab leak

Users who are viewing this thread

Basod

Reaction score
Sweated plenty of copper and wish I could repipe with it but unfortunately not happening. This will be my first PEX job and am using Upunor A. I have a cold water slab leak with fittings under the slab- no loop setup- everything was 1/2” copper cold and hot supply’s.

I have my main trunk and most of the replacement branches opened and ready to drill holes- fortunately access from eve space 2 story Cape on a well.

Question 1: PEX does not tolerate UV so in my main supply utility/laundry with a window I should probably stay 3/4” copper and swap to PEX in the overhead joists- thought it might be easier to just cut in the PEX off the well receiver.

Question 2: Master bath and half bath abutt each other and currently share all cold and hot 1/2” copper supply- does it make sense to run 3/4” branches and preserve the above grade copper to limit a full remodel as one of these baths is already remodeled.

Master downstairs that adjoins the half bath has toilet and sink on opposite wall planned on 1/2” to the hot and should I run 3/4 to the sink/toilet then drop to 1/2” or is 1/2” from the end of 3/4” enough.

JohnCT

Still learning..slowly
Reaction score
With regards to the UV issue, you can use slide over foam insulation sleeves to deny UV exposure.

John

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks