In kitchen should I go laminate all the way or leave about 40 inches for glue down vinyl sheet ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Curiousv

Reaction score
Please look at pic.. distance between cabinet/dishwasher and refrigerator is about 40 inches...

Need your opinion should I go laminate all the way to cabinets or leave 3 feet (parallel to refrigerator) and put vinyl sheet or some other material there?

Also, what type of transition to use from laminate to vinyl sheet?

I was told kitchen is high traffic and moisture area so don't put laminate ...

I have same question for walkway to the bathroom (note walkway to the bathroom inside bathroom I am going to put vinyl glue down sheet) ..laminate here or same vinyl sheet as inside bathroom?

Attachments

• 20200307_123651.jpg
    20200307_123651.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 116

Storm rider

Slave to rentals
Reaction score
For the last couple of years we have been putting LVP in the kitchens and bathrooms of our rentals. It is waterproof, looks better than vinyl, and can be repaired (replace a plank) easier than vinyl sheet. So far we've been pleased with the results, and tenants seem to like it.

Curiousv

Reaction score
For the last couple of years we have been putting LVP in the kitchens and bathrooms of our rentals. It is waterproof, looks better than vinyl, and can be repaired (replace a plank) easier than vinyl sheet. So far we've been pleased with the results, and tenants seem to like it.
Is not it more time consuming to install lvp?

Storm rider

Slave to rentals
Reaction score
Takes about the same time and effort as laminate. We knock out a kitchen and two baths in a day.

If you have enough of the matching laminate to complete the kitchen with the same product it will look better. My laminate kitchen floor is 17 years old and still looks good, but I control the care and maintenance of that floor. If you need to change the flooring and/or you are concerned about how the floor is going to be maintained, a product like LVP is a viable option to sheet vinyl or laminate.

Curiousv

Reaction score
Takes about the same time and effort as laminate. We knock out a kitchen and two baths in a day.

If you have enough of the matching laminate to complete the kitchen with the same product it will look better. My laminate kitchen floor is 17 years old and still looks good, but I control the care and maintenance of that floor. If you need to change the flooring and/or you are concerned about how the floor is going to be maintained, a product like LVP is a viable option to sheet vinyl or laminate.

I have same matching laminate but tongue and groove dont match ..(new boards don't match with existing boards) ...but I believe if I can be creative and make it work.
I am concerned about quality of these boards and maintenance...but in terms of maintenance LVP will take time and effort to replace same as laminate correct (in case of damage)
My fist choice was vinyl sheet so I can replace easily if it gets damaged but it I tried a dry run and it does not look good....also room looks smaller because of different materials(color and design )

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks