Delta Old Model 1524 Escutcheon..Help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Edward Felien

Reaction score
We have a 29 year old Delta single handle shower control, and as you can see in the picture, the escutcheon plate is broken and not useable. Model seems to be 1524 - no tub spout or diverter. Delta says no longer being made, and no conversion kit will fit the 'rough-in' behind the fiberglass stall. (4.5" hole access) Do I have to completely remove the rough-in and start over? No escutcheon plate has the 2.2" center hole and the 5 and 7 o'clock mounting holes. At least none that I can find. Thanks!

IMG_0119.jpeg

Marlinman

In the Trades
Reaction score
That generation 1500 used both escutcheons. Your escutcheon #RP16209 and escutcheon RP20101.Delta catalog shows the RP29405 conversion works with both escutcheons

TWAX555

Reaction score
That generation 1500 used both escutcheons. Your escutcheon #RP16209 and escutcheon RP20101.Delta catalog shows the RP29405 conversion works with both escutcheons
I have an older 1500 series, and tried the 17 series escutcheon RP28795. Fits well. Just needed slightly longer screws. I used 10-24 x 3" SS screws.

Delta RP28795a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks