30/50 vs 40/60 Well Pressure switch, Pros/Cons.

Users who are viewing this thread

JOE.G

Reaction score
Hi, I turned up my well pressure switch a few years ago from 30/50 to 40/60 but my switch standoff pipe and switch were clogged and I did not know until I cleaned it two weeks ago. My pressure now is very good. I am just wondering if I leave it at a true 40/60 that it is now is it a lot harder on the system? My filter does get a slit build up in it but always has and I change it about every 3 months. I have not turned it down to see if I would like a true 30/50 or not.

Just wondering what people are recommending. Thanks

Reach4

Reaction score
Pump is fine with the higher pressure. Supply lines might last longer with lower pressure.

When you change pressure switch settings, make sure you adjust the air precharge.

Also, if undecided between 30/50 and 40/60, consider 35/55.

JOE.G

Reaction score
Yes I set Pre charge to 38 PSI, Is the added pressure that much harder on the supply lines?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks