Shower Pan install

Users who are viewing this thread

Hunter2

Reaction score
I know their are several threads for this subject. I purchased the Sterling Accord model after much research to find a good replacement. Has anyone installed a shower pan right to the floor? Its a concrete slab and its level so that shouldn't be an issue. It did come with a under lament type felt, which I thought to replace it with some really thin like 1/16 rolled type foam (not air bubble) so their isn't any sound from pan meeting floor. Can you also use non expanding foam on backside so it would sound more solid? What type of insulation would you use between wall studs to cut down on any noise? Not an exterior wall. Thanks

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I've installed using the felt pads and I've installed with mortar mix. Both seemed to work well.
Fiberglass insulation is what I've used on walls. I have not tried the foam in the walls.

Suceress

Reaction score
For the felt, what kind of felt? Like roofing felt? I saw Sterling say you could use landscaping fabric as well.

I've heard people saying they used the type of foam for doors & windows that doesn't expand as much to spray in to the cavities inside the backs of the shelves. If you keep an eye on it, you can wipe away excess as it comes out the back. I've never heard of a spray foam that didn't expand, but I haven't ever looked.

No ideas on methods behind the walls.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks