Delta diverter cartridge doesn't fit

Users who are viewing this thread

morrison.jas

Reaction score
I purchased a r22000 rough-in valve and a T27959 trim which comes with a 6 setting diverter cartridge.

First thing that seemed weird was, i tried to test for leaks after install and the test caps (plastic cylinder with an O-ring) leaked pretty badly. Both the mixing valve and the diverter valve leaked. I removed those plugs and figure i'll just install the trim temporarily to see if that would leak. I had no problem installing the mixing cartridge and that sealed up fine and let me check the rest of the bathroom remodel for leaks. Now I'm attempting to install the diverter cartridge and it won't fit. the cartridge is brass and just feels slightly too big for the valve body. I would think this should go right in so that in the future it could also be replaced easily. If I was to force this in, i dont think it would ever come out.

anyone who has done these valves, can you tell me if it is supposed to be really tight or if i have a defective part?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Delta doesn't always put any or much silicon plumber's grease on things. Without it, the O-rings do not slide in very well at all. If you don't have any, buy some then put a generous coat on the O-ring, and try again.

morrison.jas

Reaction score
Delta doesn't always put any or much silicon plumber's grease on things. Without it, the O-rings do not slide in very well at all. If you don't have any, buy some then put a generous coat on the O-ring, and try again.

Thanks, the instructions do actually say to use silicone lubricant on the o-rings. However, in this case, the parts that don't fit are brass on brass...

morrison.jas

Reaction score
about 1/8" of this cartridge goes into the top hole on the valve body. it has a pin that has to go in for alignment. In my case, i can't even get the cartridge to start in far enough to get the pin to line up. I'm thinking I'll need delta to replace the cartridge, planning to call them tomorrow.
RP51918-B1.png

0Iq002h2GzeOcYUJGiKaQYL-_i0Yi37_-9yyQo53AxbhlezvYOUynyDmuSukEeXY3vT8dcnJiSwqtya4T0odOGigu4Y0M0ew2uLdp2_Ovyl4pgNBt5la858iC5cNyKgQS-YJ5RDVCw2DG8ez6T9PxZ2EPAfs0KHgILJU97mBkcRL0apt8k6w2tsHZvHrpj0KgKa40VEoD5sHl9yYbiwbEkDsHw0wf2rJUBb--rO6vjLmjUIlTVKweZKT9ulIRgYDczKNTpukBvtjRge5Y7euUUu7FjIAnzSRizk3IvE44cr9w3UYZY5NUQ5HgKhQPVwqcUF56TkYL6L80KWcZ9UxMl1agqoBMYXoJAe2KUw2ma5ppAWKs-AGGCUJ7qjNRxLkfjSEdxcBynDKS4Zjz1k06r2Acop9gbwzpO9Tc37lxVWazS6-zrkF7BNcKlkBpTVENKBAAvhsMLyDASqDlq9Ze-drW3vevN9aiLHJC1Fpi0R1nfmgl3W_87DKlYKl0iTH9-fQ5iShFJNVh7B_-0B-YalcT6Wa3a9xwgdTuWLCBvufDHiNpqC_yFR2-Mlsr3RIR5yF7raBVI8dIRHXRo-CCG-MuA7p6muo9mjBiIJqD5oZGzX2C0Gkvczi82i57ZABNtqlZWIa6SHc3iIDaEzFair2lTOyGYlK9g7cTeDJtatpJyVpWZuhm50=w995-h1326-no

morrison.jas

Reaction score
after a couple hours on the phone with delta, i finally have them sending me a new diverter cartridge to try. Unfortunately, i'm in a remote location with no access to any of these parts in stores. I'm wondering if anyone on this forum happens to have a diverter cartridge that they can take an accurate measurement of. Mine measures 1.277-1.278 inches at the end where it should go into the rough valve. Nobody at delta could produce a spec that showed what the spec'd nominal and tolerance is for that dimension. the customer service rep actually told me they only measure in 1/8" increments there... If anyone can measure their diverter cartridge with a set of calipers, I'll be able to tell immediately if the replacement cartridge is going to solve the problem or not. I'm really hoping i dont have to replace the rough valve which is already sweated in.

4Tk8ckzr8RtjHg7h_zgTkZJ-htuxHBm_zVibj0mSLe68sAWYiVZveKGr-cx1CLIv09Me-5Hj63WeFvgPuR6Mcl0tWq6dXkAnxDcZSbOERb5HQlftqmxpzcSKxtAvZBhCIwvkptgx2YQPeaIpRAW6rnShIABqcGAo-24JQy5vvh3vskOZU_r07VF2jk4pwHSyi6nvyjKApwQes5TAx47Qiht6U4MNc-aIUaLoU99WCwh5AWC3BfeTDIx5ELbqZ_QwovUtpA67LhvBwR9eTmxhF3K-oQ__qX9oLEaOxf0ZgOmh9CE9N7hema2c_MJ7GP64tsnO1C41Ambsy4pneI4a00zARxbZjqaQJmGrf9FMgVQHGcw0rCBHw18mH4Z4OaGo_d7bjvT4beNXq36n4Azco3oP5d8CEXiARhw26COkZTmUif5sm5MnY7fJ6v_33GcyTxBb1N6yKsAr3p1UvtB1BHNu6ht1in_akWhnyiV1qb00MdrmcxwJI2zu8wwadnvBJcQxeysdRsh_pPoYW8JEUDI839Esm_68NYnsEm34DImMdUaIpPg4rR3D1RPPZDMhiN5SkR9FB7Bypj51F0jmZJ1DihQC0riTBkrI1_JkIOqJbnb7YpK2yTkIvO7I_TtsdHub-9VkWM_8lE09VKXniL400Qi1djZ4g1rzPX8O8I20-ZY-o9EmBWI=w1244-h1658-no

morrison.jas

Reaction score
i don't know what its supposed to be. Delta couldn't tell me what the cartridge diameter or hole diameter are SUPPOSED to be so i couldn't tell which part was actually defective. i'll have new parts in a few days so i can figure out which parts are good.

Mark R.

Reaction score
Just curious ... any resolution? Having the exact same problem with my install. Plan on calling Delta tomorrow. R22000 rough-in valve and a T27867 trim

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks