6" vs 8" deep kitchen sink- please give your opinion

Users who are viewing this thread

Curiousv

Reaction score
I am confused between these 2 height/depth of kitchen sink..

most of our family is less than 5.6" height

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
Another thing to consider is, if you have a shallow basin now and you switch to a deep basin, it is important to make sure the trap arm is low enough where it enters the wall. If not you will have to open the wall and lower the sanitary tee.

seb5277

Reaction score
I agree that economy ones are 6". We have 8" at home. We just got a new sink as well as a new faucet. If with the sinks we made a decision really fast, the faucet was a whole different story. We would search online and argue what was the best kitchen faucets for hard water. I wanted a delta she wanted an appaso. It was a lengthy process. We ended up buying a Delta (I usually clean the dishes since she cooks) and I am very pleased with it. I like it better and the wife is happy since she has more room.

Last edited:

Michael Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I am confused between these 2 height/depth of kitchen sink..

most of our family is less than 5.6" height
20018_normal.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks