Flecks 5600sxt, no brine draw and low BW drain flow

Users who are viewing this thread

James Song

Reaction score
New to forum, thanks for membership.
My 10 year old softer stopped produce soft water month ago, I have cleaned the injectors, replaced Injector Nozzle and Throat Sets and DLFC Button 1.5 gpm. Brine valve looks no blockage.
When I checked the system drain flow, there is very small flow during BW (around 0.312 gallon/minute or 40oz/min), no drain flow during BD, normal flow during RR and no flow during BF. When I unscrew the brine tube during BD, water comes out instead of sucked in.
Should I get 1.5Gallon/min during BW?
So what else should I check? I did not take out the injector housing yet, will that be the reason needing clean?
Hope to get your help.

Thanks in advance.

james

Bannerman

Reaction score
Assuming there is no blockage anywhere in the drain line, water exiting from the brine port during Brine Draw often indicates a seal(s) being worn or torn and requiring replacement. A rebuild kit is offered with seals, spacers, and O-rings. The brine valve O-rings should also be replaced at the same time. If the piston shows any wear or scoring, including to the Teflon coating on the piston stem, the piston should also be replaced.

There are videos showing the rebuild procedure on YT.

What capacity is your softener? A 1.5 gpg DLFC would normally be appropriate for an 8" diameter tank containing 3/4 ft3 of resin (24,000 grains total capacity).

James Song

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the quick reply.
I think there is no blockage in the drain line since the RR flow looks very normal.
I will look for rebuild kit then. any good place to order?

This one only has seals and spacer, do I need to order extra o-rings?
https://www.amazon.com/Fleck-FP-56S...rds=5600sxt+rebuild+kit&qid=1579388175&sr=8-1

Yes Mine is a 8" tank.

Assuming there is no blockage anywhere in the drain line, water exiting from the brine port during Brine Draw often indicates a seal(s) being worn or torn and requiring replacement. A rebuild kit is offered with seals, spacers, and O-rings. The brine valve O-rings should also be replaced at the same time. If the piston shows any wear or scoring, including to the Teflon coating on the piston stem, the piston should also be replaced.

There are videos showing the rebuild procedure on YT.

What capacity is your softener? A 1.5 gpg DLFC would normally be appropriate for an 8" diameter tank containing 3/4 ft3 of resin (24,000 grains total capacity).

Bannerman

Reaction score
PM sent

Edit: Both the BLFC and DLFC buttons need to be installed in the correct orientation to work properly. When reinstalling, ensure they are orientated correctly.

Last edited:

James Song

Reaction score
Thanks. I was careful with the orientation when replaced the DLFC button. I believe the numbered side face inside.

PM sent

Edit: Both the BLFC and DLFC buttons need to be installed in the correct orientation to work properly. When reinstalling, ensure they are orientated correctly.

Bannerman

Reaction score
the much lower BW drain flow is related to a seal(s) being worn?
The piston position within the center of the seal pack controls the water flow path within the valve. If a seal has swelled or torn, the path pertaining to BW flow to drain may become partially blocked whereas the path for RR to drain will require the piston to be in an alternate position, thereby utilizing a different set of seals which may not be as damaged and not blocking flow.

James Song

Reaction score
Thanks again.

The piston position within the center of the seal pack controls the flow path within the valve. If a seal has swelled or torn, the path pertaining to BW flow to drain may become partially blocked whereas the path for RR to drain will require the piston to be in an alternate position, thereby utilizing an another set of seals which may not be blocking flow.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks