Second opinion on plumbing plan

Users who are viewing this thread

itsjustfarris

Reaction score
doing a new install and haven’t used AAVs much before, wanted to get a second opinion on the layout and if I was missing anything. Also the kitchen sink drain will be exposed coming up in the middle of the cabinet and. I wanted to know if anyone has any good tips or tricks on how to better do that. Thanks all and I hope my middle school art class was enough for this picture haha

D0CE7616-0356-4819-8B6A-9798033E931F.jpeg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Only bathroom fixtures can be on a wet vent. The kitchen sink can't be included with that. The kitchen sink should come in downstream of the bathroom.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
I have never HAD to connect the kitchen sinks after the bathroom. In fact, I have NEVER done it unless that is how the house was arranged, (and it is not how MY plumbing is done in my own house).

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
As far as I can tell Terry seems totally correct . Kitchen drain must not be flowing through the wet vent for a bathroom group. Me , Terry, and HJ are professionals but others may chime in. HJ might not have noticed that there was a horizontal wet vent I cant say why he has different opinion.
I would recommend ditching the AAV unless there is a problem tying a vent to the stack just makes it a little cleaner and vents wont fail

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks