Off setting shower drain without moving trap

Users who are viewing this thread

Jmaclicious

Reaction score
I painted a picture, sorry hard to do it exactly as is. I had originally had the shower drain plumbed for another pan.. the pan manufacture is now discontinued and no longer shipping out so I ordered another one, however the new centre drain does not line up.. I cant bust up the concrete in order to move the entire trap however I have enough room where I can off-set the vertical pipe a few inches using 22.5's or 45's fittings. Is this okay to do

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-12-14 at 6.31.05 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-14 at 6.31.05 AM.png
    96.6 KB · Views: 134

Jmaclicious

Reaction score
How deep is your trap? Do you have room to offset above the trap and still pick up the drain?
Thanks for the reply Terry.

The trap is deep enough to glue a coupling with a small section vertical pipe with a 45 fitting, another few inch section of pipe with another 45 fitting with a another good few inches of pipe for the off-set vertical pipe connecting to shower. I am just hoping if i do this it won't cause any issues with smell.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
It might offer more area for hair, soap scum, etc. to accumulate, but as long as the trap and vent are installed properly, should not otherwise make a difference. Those extra joints will allow bits to accumulate. Make sure you clean the ends of the pipe cuts up so that they are smooth. Ideal would be straight down to the trap. It will slow the flow down slightly, but probably not an issue. It will also make snaking the line harder, but not something that usually needs to happen very often, or at all.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks