Bath Sink Faucet Supply hose too short

Users who are viewing this thread

Jakester

Reaction score
My new bathroom Sink Faucets come with integrated supply hoses and they are too short. It's a double sink, the one on the left is short about 10-12" and the one on the right is only short about 3". What would be the best way to connect my water supply?

For the left sink I thought about using sharkbite coupling and 10" copper tube and then the 1/4 turn valve (I am open to better ideas) but a little bit confused with what to do with the one on the right.

Attachments

• Left Sink.jpg
    Left Sink.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 950
  • Right Sink.jpg
    Right Sink.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 1,018

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You will need to extend the piping close enough so that the supply lines can be threaded to the new stops. It can be with PEX or with copper.

Or, pick up these 3/8" Comp x 3/8" OD x 12" supply lines.

faucet-supply-38-comp-38-od.jpg

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
Not nearly as elegant as Terry's method, but I think either of these would work if the stop valves ended up shy of where they need to be.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbil...Compression-Coupling-Fitting-800759/207176323 Throw the nuts and everything away, except for the main piece. Then screw a short 3/8 by 3/8 supply line between the coupler and the stop valve.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Homewerks-...Stainless-Steel-Faucet-Supply-Line/1000011658 Nothing extra to buy.
Again, throw the nut away. Screw your faucet line where the nut was.

I could be wrong. I am not a plumber.

Jakester

Reaction score
Left sink - what would be a better way to do it, use a delta supply hose or sharkbite coupling with a 10" copper tube to bring the valve to the current supply hose coming from the faucet?

Right sink - Sharkbite elbow, add about 2" copper pipe and then the valve to the current supply hose coming from the faucet?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks