DWV plan for Basement Remodel

Users who are viewing this thread

Ben Ferreira

Reaction score
I'm in the early stages of remodeling my 400 sq ft unfinished basement and I'm looking for some help laying out the sewer lines. I thought I had a pretty good understanding of the applicable codes, so I went ahead and trenched out the slab, but now I'm starting to second guess myself (mostly the wet vents and clean-outs).
It also seems like a should add a tee near the sewer in case the inspector requests a water test...still waiting to hear back from them.

Thank you and I'm so happy to have stumbled across this incredible resource!

Attachments

• Rough_DWV.jpg
    Rough_DWV.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 197

Ben Ferreira

Reaction score
I've already cut and jackhammered the slab or else that would be great. I laid out the fittings and I don't have as much room to work with as I imagined. I can add a dry vent after the toilet like pictured. Are there any code issues with this layout?

Does anyone know if the floor drain will need a trap primer or can I get away with a waterless trap seal (in Whatcom county). Thanks!

Attachments

• Rough_DWV(4).jpg
    Rough_DWV(4).jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:

Plumber69

In the Trades
Reaction score
I've already cut and jackhammered the slab or else that would be great. I laid out the fittings and I don't have as much room to work with as I imagined. I can add a dry vent after the toilet like pictured. Are there any code issues with this layout?

Does anyone know if the floor drain will need a trap primer or can I get away with a waterless trap seal (in Whatcom county). Thanks!
Will this work?
No

Ben Ferreira

Reaction score
Is there an issue having the floor drain (in a furnace closet) being wet vented with the mini bar sink since they are outside of "bathroom groups"?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Any issues? Just that the shower and floor drain are not vented and the toilet flows past them, (flowing past the lav vent has NOTHING to do with it), and that "vent" in the middle serves absolutely NO PURPOSE.

Ben Ferreira

Reaction score
Thanks for the last couple suggestions. After hj's post, I decided to look elsewhere for guidance and passed my rough in last week.

Thanks for the help!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks