Trouble fixing shrub riser

Users who are viewing this thread

Joe Kenney

Reaction score
Hi, I can't figure out how to fix this. The head popped off this metal shrub riser, and I can't get the riser off. Even got an extractor tool but it won't budge. So I thought I would try a new head for it. Nothing works! As you can see from the photo, I only have half an inch to screw on a new head. I also attached some photos of a riser that hasn't broken. Any advice? Thanks!

20191020_143443.jpg
20191020_143438.jpg
20191020_143352.jpg
20191020_143348.jpg

ImOld

Octogenerian
Reaction score
All I see is soldered copper. Pipe to adapter for plastic shrub head. Doesn't look broken and 1/2" of thread should be enough. Extractor for what?

Joe Kenney

Reaction score
All I see is soldered copper. Pipe to adapter for plastic shrub head. Doesn't look broken and 1/2" of thread should be enough. Extractor for what?

Thanks! I've never had to replace one of these...I got an extractor for the entire pipe, but I couldn't loosen it. I didn't realize there were adapters...everything at Home Depot and Lowes was plastic. Thanks again!

Ravi

Reaction score
Thanks! I've never had to replace one of these...I got an extractor for the entire pipe, but I couldn't loosen it. I didn't realize there were adapters...everything at Home Depot and Lowes was plastic. Thanks again!

Hi Joe, Did you get the part to fix the sprinkler? I have the exact same issue in one of the shrub sprinkler with copper pipe.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks