FEED BACK ON ROUGH-IN PLAN

Users who are viewing this thread

Tim Hunt

Residential Remodeling and General Contractor
Reaction score
Good afternoon,

This is the second post I've written looking for advice on the rough in I'm trying to accomplish. With the help of another (unnamed until OK'd) member I came up with this plan.
I'm under IPC but am going by the UPC just to make sure everything jives. I'm a contractor but not a plumber & neither was the member who was more than gracious to give up his time to help so any feed back would be appreciated greatly!
The project is a 1948 house that the daughter of a friend of mine who just passed away is trying to move into but cant afford the $4,00+- for a plumber or I would have hired one or atleast been able to consult with the inspector.
I was removing a badly damaged sub floor in the bath & the fixtures were coming up out of there fittings to the main soil drain. So instead of chancing it I cut the main drain that runs under the bath from wall to wall & removed all of it.
Its a back to back bathroom situation with a 1/2 bath on one side and the 3/4 bath were I'm working on the other. The WC in the 1/2 bath connects to the bottom of the main soil stack on one side of a tee & the other side is a CO. This was existing. The LAV in the 1/2 bath is what I'm using for the wet vent. The main stack is located between the two & runs underneath the 3/4 & connects to the city.
I brushed up on the code and all fittings in my plan are long sweep 90's or 45's, combination wye's or wye's/45.
The only other drain that feeds into the main is from the kitchen & washer both vented individually
I'm confidant in my ability on the labor end but not experienced enough on the plumbing end to plan this job with confidence before reinstalling the sub floor. So any feed back positive or negative will be much appreciated.

sewer layout.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The lav wet vents the tub.
The double lavs need venting at the same level as the trap arms, not below.
Since the kitchen sink and/or washer comes in, the toilet needs a vent before the kitchen hits that line. The double lav could have done that perhaps.

Tim Hunt

Residential Remodeling and General Contractor
Reaction score
The lav wet vents the tub.
The double lavs need venting at the same level as the trap arms, not below.
Since the kitchen sink and/or washer comes in, the toilet needs a vent before the kitchen hits that line. The double lav could have done that perhaps.
Thank you Terry, I really appreciate your time this evening! Thanks for pointing out the venting for the double lav. I knew that rule but overlooked it obviously. So let me ask you this. If I extended the drain for the kitchen past the toilet and ran an under the cabinet aav for the double lav would that be a feasible solution? Or am I going to have to bite the bullet and run a vent through the roof for the double lav and vent the toilet off of that as well? Thanks again for your time Sir it is truly appreciated!!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks