Sticking Toilet Handle/Lever

Users who are viewing this thread

Wpollock

Reaction score
Need help determining how to lubricate the lever so it doesn't stick in the flush(down) position. The chain attaching the flapper to the lever is not kinked causing the issue. Biggest concern is breaking the screw on the linkage assembly closest to the black plastic nut inside the tank and returning it to the same position it is in now if I am able to remove it to allow me to lubricate the stem inside the handle housing.
Pictures attached for review.

Thanks for any thoughts

Attachments

• Downstairs Toilet Lever.jpg
    Downstairs Toilet Lever.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 183
  • Downstairs Toilet Lever 1.jpg
    Downstairs Toilet Lever 1.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 193

Wpollock

Reaction score
I have everywhere I can get a small tube nozzle into.It feels like the issue is inside and close to the handle on the chrome stem that the flapper arm connects to. I have sprayed and worked the handle several times to try to help the silicone spray work into all areas.

Reach4

Reaction score
That's a universal flush lever. If you break something, find another for $20 or so.

Do you ever need to use a plunger? Buy a modern toilet, you get a new flush lever, and you can get the plunger out of the bathroom.

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
These handles don't need lubrication. There is also evidence of some corrosion.
Just replace it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks