Shower handle unloosens itself when i turn the knob counter-clockwise

Users who are viewing this thread

paul phoenix

Reaction score
I have a threee prong shower set-up. I had to replace the cartridge on the hot side because it was plastic and it fell apart. Unfortunately, No-one had the handle that goes to this cartride so i bought a universal knob head (H).

This unloosens itself when i try to turn the knob counter-clockwise. can i fix this or should i get a whole new kit online that has the cartridge and the handles that go with it?

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
.... can i fix this or should i get a whole new kit online that has the cartridge and the handles that go with it?

You answered your own question. The spline or shape of the cartridge stem and the universal handle do not match up. The handle is being only held by the screw which all it does it keeps it attached to the cartridge but no grip to the stem. Some universal handles will come with small adapters to match up to the stem.

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
Yes, replace the whole thing.
Moen or Delta will be excellent choices.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks