Complete bathroom remodel

Users who are viewing this thread

Lordoftheflies

Reaction score
Yeah some people don't individually ground their switched but I always do.

I have a grounding rod as well as the original connection to the copper piping.

I purchased this heater for the bathroom. Doesn't make sense to have heat coming from a fan since I want the fan on if the shower is running. Also heat rises so it's better to heat from the ground up. This is for the wife as I won't use the heater much.

Stiebel Eltron 236304 CK Trend Wall-Mounted Electric Fan Heater, 1500W, 120V https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073CVSTNT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_tclKDbVX2NT76

I chose this ceiling fan. 110 cfm. Very quiet compared to the junk I had previously that was chosen and installed by my electrician buddy.

Panasonic FV-0511VQ1 WhisperCeiling DC Ventilation Fan, Speed Selector, SmartFlow Technology, Quiet https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076Q7V5WX/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_oilKDb8TDTW6Z

Suceress

Reaction score
I live in an area where it used to not get very cold but lately winters have gotten a lot colder. In the past the ceiling heater/fan/vent/light worked well. I could get out of the shower & just stand under the heater to warm up. Sadly, all of our vent fans/heaters have stopped working after 30+ years so we either need to fix them or replace them. Replacing will cost more in the short run but may save us more with energy efficiency in the long run.

I never really cared about them being loud. It's something that has never bothered me.

I see neither of those have lights so you likely have a separate light. In my bathrooms the vent fan is the light (although even with new bulbs they have stopped working). We don't have vanity lights.

I hope to see more pictures of your progress soon.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks