Navien NR 240A water leaking from condensate

Users who are viewing this thread

Tony1953

Reaction score
Anyone have an idea ? water is dribbling out the condensate tube constantly and when the heater starts even more water dribbles out
anyone have a suggestion? Heat exchanger cracked?

Dana

In the trades
Reaction score
It could be in the heat exchanger or it could be somewhere else, but if it's constantly dribbling there's a leak somewhere.

Tony1953

Reaction score
Because it is dribbling from the combustion condensate line makes me think the heat exchanger is cracked
it dribbles whether the heater is on or off

Dana

In the trades
Reaction score
Any update on this? I am having the same issue

Do a web search for the terms | mikey pipes navien | and watch a few of his videos. A former Navien fan-boy he has installed hundreds of Naviens, but has pretty much given up on trying to get them to fix this.

MANY water tube heat exchanger type Naviens leak exhaust internally at the gasket at the top of the heat exchanger, which if bad enough or long enough degrades the control board and plastic parts inside the cabinet. Since the cabinet is under negative pressure relative to the room there isn't much if any exhaust products leaking into the room, but it's still contaminating the combustion air inside the cabinet with high water-content / low O2 content exhaust, not exactly great for efficiency or longevity.

There's a good reason Navien voids the warranty if the exhaust vent is installed too close to the intake vent on the house, but there's no excuse for shipping products that cross-contaminate internally. It appears to be a manufacturing quality control issue (improperly torqued screws?), but may also be a design flaw.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks