Egress window well drain Code Question

Users who are viewing this thread

DCA430

Reaction score
Hello. First time post.

I'm installing an egress window for a basement bedroom remodel addition. My basement is a little over 7 ft below grade. I've dug a 5 ft x 5 ft x 5 ft hole. Just next to the window I have a downspout that collects secondary roof drainage to a cast iron storm drain pipe, which ultimately drains into the home's shared waste/sewer pipes.

I've been reading the UPC storm drainage code, but I still have a question. Can I tie into the cast iron storm drain pipe (with a trap) to have an egress well drain, rather than divert the water with a pipe to the footing drain pipe?

Thanks in advance!
Mel

Attachments

• Home Egress.jpg
    Home Egress.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 232

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
For the information of others, in old parts of Seattle, the roof drains may share with the sewer lines. Normally in new developments, those are kept separate.

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
Older building code we use to use a combination sanitary and storm trap but the storm water had to be trapped and at least 40 pipe diameters upstream of the sanitary trap connection (4" pipe 13'+ upstream) possibly to prevent loss of trap seal during a major rain storm

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks