Business software

Users who are viewing this thread

Esquire

Plumber
Reaction score
What are you guys out there using with your business'? I am interested in keeping track of 'personal' jobs that I have completed. In the coming years I will be eventually starting my own business and I would like to get some input from guys that have been doing so already. I'd mainly like to be able to access a price list for generating invoices and keep track of clients and jobs preformed.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
A lot of business are using Quickbooks or Sage Peachtree.
They start with fairly basic packages, and move on up as needed.
Inventory is always nice to have.
Keeping track of customers and outstanding invoices is critical for tracking what needs to be collected.
It's also nice keeping customer information, because you will be hearing from them over the years, as repeat customers.
It's nice to be able to go back and see the prior work that was performed.
They can ask what I installed for them last, and I can quickly pull that information up.

I use that feature a lot.
Some of my customers have moved many times by know, they call me whenever they move.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I picked up Peachtree Complete Accounting 2010 at Officemax for $99.99, normally 299.99
That was last week. This week it's back to $300
I've been using it for years.

I see that they have First Acounting for $69.99
Since you don't have payroll, that may be enough.
No inventory.

It sems that most book keepers are using quck books though.
Mine does.

I see they have Quick books Pro for $199 this week.

Last edited:

Esquire

Plumber
Reaction score
I mainly need it for record keeping and also I would like to be able to use it for doing up price lists and bills.

Eddie Ebron

Reaction score
I am sure you had already found your software. But I just have found this topic.

I am looking for a good software for small business. That is good for record keeping, and for customer information.
One man adviced me ManageMart. On the website I found that it is used as the service business software https://www.managemart.com/plumbing
it has mobile apps too... that gives opportunities to use it in smartphone... Help please
I need you opinion please. Is it useful for small business?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks