Which flushes better? Drake vs Drake

Users who are viewing this thread

LinaG

Reaction score
I haven't been able to find this anywhere on the forum, so here goes:

Narrow bathroom. I need the short length of a round bowl Toto Drake or Drake 2.

I can get a Drake with a 1.6 gallon flush, or the Drake 2 with the super swirl bowl cleaning, but with only 1.28 G flush.

Which flushes better? Original Drake at 1.6 gal or the Drake 2 at 1.28 gal? Both are round bowls.

I prefer the higher bowl, but will be putting a bidet seat on the toilet (brondell, not washlet)

Thanks for any input. This has been driving me crazy.

SAS

Reaction score
I have both, but the elongated bowl versions. Both are used frequently and neither has ever plugged or had any flushing issues whatsoever. I also have a round 1.6 gallon Drake that I installed a few weeks ago. It, too, performs perfectly. The 1.28 gallon Drake has the swirling flush and the Sanigloss (I think it has a new name) coating, but we haven't noticed any difference in how clean the bowl stays. Perhaps the 1.28 without the Sanigloss would not stay as clean as the 1.6, but I don't really know. If you don't mind spending the extra money, save some water and get the 1.28 gallon Drake.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks