Add a bar sink Ontario Canada

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
Is it possible to legally add a drain to this existing configuration 3" stack for basement bar sink, I was thinking of cutting into the line going to kitchen sink bring it down to join into 3" near ground level, and adding a tee from new pipe out to new sink

upload_2019-5-20_21-55-58.png

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
How you you plan on venting the new fixture?

Also if under the slab there is a short radius fitting you can have waste flowing back to the new sink connection

Reaction score
That is why I thought to cut into kitchen drain, so it would act as a wet vent, it has to have it's own vent as I have seen inside the wall in the laundry before and know there is no ABS going horizontal to kitchen. That being the case it only has 2 FUs and therefore the 1 1/2 pipe can be used as a wet vent if I understand the code correctly. How to cut into is what I am am most troubled by. Horizontal pipe to kitchen is right under joists no space to cut into pipe in that vertical section

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks