Kitchen sink drain

Users who are viewing this thread

Ron Franssen

Reaction score
Hello, here's a quick description. Using a large (deep) farmhouse sink with single discharge. Garbage disposer is also large. Only about 4 inches between edge of disposer and the stub out on the wall. Is it acceptable to put a 45 on the stub out (not going up or down but rather parallel) to "move" the stub out for the adapter that the trap/return could feed into. I have the disposer positioned so the discharge is turned 90 degrees from the stub out.

I can provide more information if required but I know everyone's busy and short ?'s are generally appreciated.
thanks
Ron

Reach4

Reaction score
Probably. I suggest you post a photo.

Reach4

Reaction score
If you have a trap adapter at the wall, you could cut a 1-1/2 double-offset tube to make a piece that could help you with this. You can mix materials with slip-joint drain parts.

22 gauge is more common, but the thicker 17 gauge is available too. The OD is the same on each.

Attachments

• plumb_double_offset.jpg
    plumb_double_offset.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 8,803

Ron Franssen

Reaction score
Thanks for the information. A single street 45 with the adapter glued to that end was all I needed to successfully connect the waste discharge via the p-trap. Appreciate the responses.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks