Using geo with existing heat pump

Users who are viewing this thread

Vinoth

Reaction score
I have a house under construction and just decided to use electric heat pump so that I can run it with solar.

I just found out about geo. Can the electric heat pump be used for geo ? I would like to not waste $2000 worth of electric heat pump.

Can geo power some appliances at home apart from heat and AC ? Please advise .

Dana

In the trades
Reaction score
I have a house under construction and just decided to use electric heat pump so that I can run it with solar.

I just found out about geo. Can the electric heat pump be used for geo ? I would like to not waste $2000 worth of electric heat pump.

Can geo power some appliances at home apart from heat and AC ? Please advise .

Even at twice the efficiency it's unlikely that a geo system would ever "pay off" over a minimum-legal efficiency air source heat pump that's already on site and installed (or about to be installed, with the ducts already in place.) Indeed, installing enough PV solar to cover the entire heating bill with the existing heat pump is probably cheaper than replacing it with an adequate geo system.

Abenr

Reaction score
Yes. As long as it can provide hot water, it can be used for floor heating. The only prerequisite is that the power of the water heater is large enough.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks