ELM AquaStar 125VP

Users who are viewing this thread

TeaDrinker42

Reaction score
Hi everyone. After years of reliable use, the burners aren't staying lit after turning on the hot water. They come on for a few seconds and then turn off. So far to troubleshoot, I've cleaned the pilot light assembly, checked the thermostatic sensor to make sure it was clean, checked the cold water inlet screen, checked water flow rate at tap, and recalibrated the thermostat. The only change I've noticed is the pilot light seems to be bigger than normal, and until I cleaned it, it was burning more orange than usual. Now its burns blue, but is at least double the size I think it should be. Any tips on what to try next? Thank you!

TeaDrinker42

Reaction score
All fixed! The thermostat piston assembly was not coming down on it's own, after adjusting the thermostat to the 4mm, I manually pulled the thermostat piston assembly down to meet the metal crossbar and it's up and running. I'm guessing that was keeping it from releasing the right amount of gas pressure to the burners. I hope some of my troubleshooting helps someone else out too!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks