Ikea Talleviken sink in custom cabinet

Users who are viewing this thread

gvladybug

Reaction score
We are looking at using the Ikea Talleviken sink for the top of a custom built vanity.
I am not planning on using the Ikea faucet as I have purchased a DELTA Linden Single Hole Single-Handle Bathroom Faucet in Venetian Bronze.

Since I have no cabinet constraints such as drawers to work around, could I use standard p-trap plumbing parts to connect the sink & overflow?

Any opinions on the Ikea sinks? This one is $68 and the closest thing (non-name brand) was $130+ and the ones I really like are about $370!!

Thanks in advance!
D

kevreh

Reaction score
I have an ikea sink in my master bath and have no issues with it. I think it’s some kind of plastic or acrylic, but it’s held up fine. Check the manual but I think the sink comes with a p trap.

Nice designs for a good price.

gvladybug

Reaction score
Thanks, we ended up buying the HAMNVIKEN sink today. But I won't use the p-trap and plumbing Ikea provided. I've heard they are cheap and not decent quality as compared to PVC you can buy at the local box store.

Now that we have the sink we can start building the vanity. I am using "Shanty 2 Chic bathroom vanity" plans and modifying them to match the dimensions of the sink.

kevreh

Reaction score
If you need hinges get the Blum ones from ikea, really good quality and cheap. If you go to kitchen dept they can order as many packs that you need.

Also, thanks for the tip about that Shanty 2 Chic site. Lots of good ideas, not that I would use them exactly as shown.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks