System 2000 nozzle change

Users who are viewing this thread

vincenzo

Reaction score
I need to change the nozzle on my system 2000 from a .74 to a .85 size. My regular burner tech is not available to do it, so I am going to have another burner tech change it. The thing is he is not trained to work on Energy Kinetics system 2000 boilers, he usually installs Weil-Mclane boilers. Most of the boilers he works on and installs do not have electronic controls. When changing the these nozzles are there any other adjustments that have to be made to the electronics or something else on the boiler. The boiler has a Beckett F-head type burner. If Energy Kinetics techs can help out that would be great, Thankyou.

dapoppa

Reaction score
I need to change the nozzle on my system 2000 from a .74 to a .85 size. My regular burner tech is not available to do it, so I am going to have another burner tech change it. The thing is he is not trained to work on Energy Kinetics system 2000 boilers, he usually installs Weil-Mclane boilers. Most of the boilers he works on and installs do not have electronic controls. When changing the these nozzles are there any other adjustments that have to be made to the electronics or something else on the boiler. The boiler has a Beckett F-head type burner. If Energy Kinetics techs can help out that would be great, Thankyou.

The only adjustment needed is the combustion air. Using a standard combustion analyzer adjust it so the CO2 is 10 - 11%.

vincenzo

Reaction score
Thanks Poppa. Is there anything special you have to do when you clean the firing chamber. I know it is made of ceramic, not steel. Do you need some kind of special brush to clean them? I don't think you could use a steel wire brush or something similar.

dapoppa

Reaction score
Thanks Poppa. Is there anything special you have to do when you clean the firing chamber. I know it is made of ceramic, not steel. Do you need some kind of special brush to clean them? I don't think you could use a steel wire brush or something similar.

The chamber itself is never cleaned. It's not ceramic in the sense of being a hard substance such as you would see in dishes or flower vases, etc. It's a ceramic fiber similar to what's used on the space shuttles as protection against the intense heat from re-entry into earth's atmosphere.
The pressure vessel is steel and can be cleaned with a boiler brush.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks