Wet Vent for Bath Group & Vertical

Users who are viewing this thread

xasm

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Just want to say that this forum has certainly helped my knowledge quite a bit on plumbing codes here in Ontario. I thought I would re-post this here it what seems would be the correct forum.

My questions relate to the wet venting for a toilet and shower for a 1st floor bathroom master reno add. It mainly pertains to the vertical drop allowance for the distance between the WC and its vent pipe of 1 metre (7.5.6.3 Ontario Building Code) and if this may be allowed with a wet vent. The main issue relates to the wye connection being vertical to the drain pipe roughed in the basement.

See the attached plumbing layout. The location of WC makes it such that the 3" vertical drain for the bathroom group is essentially directly underneath it, with little room to move. My plan was to simply WYE to the 2" wet vent immediately below the WC connection and not sure if that is still downstream, if the wet vent is still allowed as per the 1m vertical drop in 7.5.6.3.

Bath Plumbing Schematic.jpg

Much appreciated,
Tim

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks