Draining a swimming pool. Clean Out Drain

Users who are viewing this thread

DYIJoe

Reaction score
I wish to drain a swimming pool by sending the water through my house's clean out drain to the sewer. I have located not one, but four, I believe, clean out drains. They are in the front lawn and they are all grouped within a few feet of one another. They are all 3-4" in diameter with screw on covers. I was able to remove one of the covers and it is definitely a drain to somewhere. My question is could they all be drains that lead to the sewer? Can I use any one of the four to drain the pool? To drain the pool using the sewer do I need permission from the city? Thanks for your help.

Reach4

Reaction score
Some of them could be RV hookups. One of those would work.

I presume you are on city sewers, which would know if you are paying a sewer bill.

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
Your idea is right, but we have no way to know if all of those are connected to the sewer. If you take the cap off and watch inside of the piping while someone flushes toilets, you will be able to see if it is flowing past that point.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks