Farmhouse sink . . .

Users who are viewing this thread

sjh

Reaction score
Remodeling a kitchen is a 50's house. Any differences in brands? Everything else in the house is Kohler.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
IMHO, Kohler isn't what it used to be. But, that's not to say they don't have some nice products. They seem to have become a company that does things differently just to be different, not always better.

What are you looking for, sink, faucet? What style(s)? are of interest? Soapstone, synthetic stone, cast iron, metal?

sjh

Reaction score
Farmhouse sink; cast iron or fire clay. Going to use a Grohe faucet.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
You can narrow it down a bit by deciding if it's going to be a drop-in or undermount. I don't have a recommendation for you. CI is probably more durable should you drop something in it, but if it chips the porcelain, it can rust...a ceramic one, may crack, so there are tradeoffs. It's easier to make a ceramic one deeper, so narrowing down the depth you want, and whether it is a divided sink with two sides can also narrow down your choices.

sjh

Reaction score
Due to the Kohler foundry in January I am being told by Kohler that the Whitehaven Farm Sink we want will not be available until February or March of 2019; bummer!
Spent today at MSI's showroom in Orange, CA. picking out counter top and backsplash material. They had a gray Blanco Silgranit undermount one bowl installed in the same counter top material we are getting. Wife and I agreed that it looked with the materials we picked. (3) things down and too many more to go.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks