Longest horizontal branch for kitchen sink

Users who are viewing this thread

ChadC646

Reaction score
I am doing my own plumbing on a new residential build. All of the plumbing fixtures are on the south side of the house (except for kitchen sink/dishwasher) and I will be having the main trunk line running from west to east (towards septic system) along the south wall. In order to tie my 2" PVC drain line from the kitchen sink to that main trunk, I will have to run the pipe approximately 26 feet.
My question...as I was reading through Michigan code, it says:

704.3 Connections to offsets and bases of stacks

Horizontal branches shall connect to the bases of stacks at a point located not less than 10 times the diameter of the drainage stack downstream from the stack. Horizontal branches shall connect to horizontal stack offsets at a point located not less than 10 times the diameter of the drainage stack downstream from the upper stack.

Does this say I cannot run my 2" PVC branch from the kitchen to the trunk that far? I wouldn't have thought it mattered as long as I maintain the 1/4 inch/foot fall??? I've included a photo of the plans that show the trunk line location as well as the proposed 2" kitchen drain line (dashed). Thoughts/advice?

Thank you!
IMG-0275.JPG

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks