RO Drain saddle. Is this location correct?

Users who are viewing this thread

mgm

Reaction score
Hi, I installed a Reverse Osmosis system under my sink yesterday.

I installed the Drain saddle between the P Trap and the Air Gap. Please see the picture where the arrow is pointing to the Drain saddle installed.

Is this correct? (or) Do i need to install it on the vertical pipe right below the garbage disposal ? I dont have a lot of room here as to where I can position the drain saddle.

Thanks for your help?

Attachments

• RO_Drain.JPG
    RO_Drain.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 3,289

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
It is supposed to attach BEFORE the "P" trap. Theoretically it is also NOT supposed to connect the disposer outlet, but in this case your options are limited.

mgm

Reaction score
It is supposed to attach BEFORE the "P" trap. Theoretically it is also NOT supposed to connect the disposer outlet, but in this case your options are limited.

Thanks a lot for your response.

So, if I don't change the location of the RO drain saddle, is it going to be a major problem (like I may have drain backlogs or sewer smell or RO water getting mixed up with drain water?

I also see an airgap between the P Trap and where I placed the drain saddle. Is this mitigating any issues at all?

Please tell me if I HAVE TO change this configuration and what is the best way? Thank you again

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The :best' way would be to have faucet with an "air gap" in it and run your RO drain through that and into the pipe at the disposer, NOT the one after the trap.

mgm

Reaction score
The :best' way would be to have faucet with an "air gap" in it and run your RO drain through that and into the pipe at the disposer, NOT the one after the trap.

Thank you for your time!

Please look at this new picture. I have a white arrow pointing to where the Drain Saddle will have to be installed (in the vertical pipe right below the Garbage disposal). Is this correct? Thanks.

Attachments

• RO_Drain_New_Location_Drain.jpg
    RO_Drain_New_Location_Drain.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 3,386
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks