HELP! - Toto washlet G400

Users who are viewing this thread

Newhomeowner2018

Reaction score
Terry,
I need your help and I don’t want to ask such embarrassing personal questions but I don’t know where else to turn to? I have a Toto washlet G400 and sometimes the “debris” doesn’t flush off the sides and I can’t just scrub after every use and I certainly don’t want to hand my house guests a brush every time they excuse themselves. I’ve read Clorox with Teflon is helpful - but it’s no longer available for purchase ..... so now what to do I do? I have NEVER had this issue with any non bidet regular type toilet.... please help with my first bidet toilet - I can’t live like this! Additionally, DuPont makes many types of Teflon sprays, do you know if they would work? Which one if any? And do I need to drain and dry the toilet walls before applying the spray?

Last edited:

Mliu

Reaction score
I can't imagine any chemical that you can spray on that will last more than a handful of flushes unless you're considering some type of paint. And then what happens when that starts peeling off in patches?

Is the problem mostly from before or after using the bidet function?

Newhomeowner2018

Reaction score
I can't imagine any chemical that you can spray on that will last more than a handful of flushes unless you're considering some type of paint. And then what happens when that starts peeling off in patches?

Is the problem mostly from before or after using the bidet function?

Hi there,

Definitely before the bidet function. The main problem is very little water sits in the bottom of the bowl and the “debris” lands on the side just above the water line and slides down. So it leaves residue. And when I flush, the water just goes right over it leaving it behind. Not every time but enough to be embarrassed.

Does anyone have this issue? And what do you do about it?

I only ask online because I have never had such an expensive toilet and had such embarrassing problems. Im really looking for answers.

(And for those of you who are quick to poke fun at someone, please note that it’s very difficult to go public with this question. So be kind.)

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Blue Dawn dish detergent is a good cleaner for the bowls.

The G400 has the auto flush Premist™ of bowl before each use. Normally that helps a lot. I have that with the C100 Washlet too.

g400-install-12.jpg

G400

g400-install-13.jpg

There is a lot of porcelain showing on the G400.

dawn-soap.jpg

Last edited:

Mliu

Reaction score
Definitely before the bidet function. The main problem is very little water sits in the bottom of the bowl and the “debris” lands on the side just above the water line and slides down. So it leaves residue. And when I flush, the water just goes right over it leaving it behind.
Welcome to the wonderful world of ultra-low flow water-conserving toilets. All new water-conserving toilets suffer this problem to some extent, although some more than others. There's simply a limit to how large the water spot can be made when manufacturers have so little water available to flush the bowl. I have to say though, after looking at the photo of the G400 posted by Terry, that he's right: there is a LOT of porcelain showing!

Definitely try the pre-misting bidet function, although even that won't completely mitigate the problem. You probably should also try adjusting your position on the seat to better hit that small water target. (Unfortunately, that won't help with your guests. Unless you're going to give them lessons.)

I don't know what else to suggest. Perhaps keep a can of Pam cooking oil spray in the bathroom for pre-poop bowl treatment?

Newhomeowner2018

Reaction score
Blue Dawn dish detergent is a good cleaner for the bowls.

The G400 has the auto flush Premist™ of bowl before each use. Normally that helps a lot. I have that with the C100 Washlet too.

g400-install-12.jpg

G400

g400-install-13.jpg

There is a lot of porcelain showing on the G400.

Thank you so much for responding Terry, It’s not cleaning the bowl that I’m concerned with… I have an issue with the debris that sticks to the bowl. It’s constant and very frustrating and disgusting. Like I mentioned in my previous post, I’ve never had this problem with a regular toilet and I can only presume it has to do with the amount of water resting inside the bowl.

I read one of your posts from 10 years ago saying Teflon sprayed onto the bowl every hundred flushes helped a lot ....

Is there way to increase the water level?
Would the Teflon spray still work in this circumstance?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The water level in the bowl is determined to the top of the trap. Nothing you can do there.
They don't make a Teflon cleaner anymore. It's sort of like the Aquia bowl that I used to have. In other countries, this is kind of normal.
Here, we're used to having more water in the bowls. The Ultamax II with a Washlet is a little more North American. There is more water in the bowl, and you still get your cleaning.

sw2034-ms604.jpg

MS604114CEFG with C100 Washlet.

TOTO SW2034#01 C100 WASHLET Electronic Bidet Toilet Seat, Elongated, Cotton White

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks