Discharge toilet to sewage sump?

Users who are viewing this thread

Brad Borch

Reaction score
So I want to put in a toilet but only have access to a 2" drain. A macerating toilet would work, but they're about $1000.

Could I do the same thing by discharging the toilet into a sump with a sewage pump that discharges into a 2" drain? Such pumps are less than $200, and the sump and fittings would be less than $100. Plus, if there's a pump failure I could fix it myself rather than have an expensive custom component.

Thoughts?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The sump with pump goes into the floor and discharges a 2" line to either a 3" or a 4" waste line. It also requires a 2" vent for the sump, and then all plumbing going to the sump is plumbed normally including the additional 2" vent for the toilet.

Brad Borch

Reaction score
So I take that as a yes, as long as it's plumbed correctly?

Must the sump be below grade?

BTW, thanks so much for the quick response, and for the great site!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
zoeller-install-page.jpg

A system like this is below grade.

Or you may want to look at these
http://www.saniflo.com/homeowners/sfa-product-line-for-homeowners

Brad Borch

Reaction score
Toilet will be on second floor. House is slab on grade with radiant flooring so there's no way I can dig into it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks