• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

jaywalsh31

Reaction score
20180328_173239.jpg 20180328_193412.jpg Hello and thank you everyone in advance for reading my post and or answering my question. I have a kitchen and laundry on the first floor with an inch and a half common vent heading up to the second floor with minimal space. My second floor toilet has an inch and a half independent vent. The question is can these 2 vent pipes be tied together below the floor line as seen in this picture? . Normally I would bring these both up to 42 in before I connect them together. I am in Massachusetts. Thanks again.

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The purpose of bringing the connections above the flood level, is so that no waste and waste water winds up going down the vents.
We never make connections like that below the flood level of 42".

jaywalsh31

Reaction score
Hello and thank you everyone in advance for reading my post and or answering my question. I have a kitchen and laundry on the first floor with an inch and a half common vent heading up to the second floor with minimal space. My second floor toilet has an inch and a half independent vent. The question is can these 2 vent pipes be tied together below the floor line as seen in this picture? . Normally I would bring these both up to 42 in before I connect them together. I am in Massachusetts. Thanks again.
Thank you both for your help I appreciate it

Attachments

• 20180330_132043.jpg
    20180330_132043.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 481
Last edited:

jaywalsh31

Reaction score
20180330_132043.jpg If I had a bathroom group that I was wet venting and nothing was coming from else where would it then be ok? As shown in pics this is my interpretation. Thanks again for your help.20180323_214545.jpg Screenshot_20180330-130650.jpg

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
That "T vent" is nothing but a secondary drain in the middle of the pipe. Your tub drain is going to be an S trap, and why, or HOW, do you have a 3" pipe into the 4" toilet opening?

jaywalsh31

Reaction score
20180330_170327.jpg 1522444655073390220294.jpg
That "T vent" is nothing but a secondary drain in the middle of the pipe. Your tub drain is going to be an S trap, and why, or HOW, do you have a 3" pipe into the 4" toilet opening?
I see the s trap. The 3" was just a gunner piece because the hole in the floor was still 3". I'm sure you know this but for those who don't, let me give you something besides a laugh, i always use a 3×4"90 because I was tired of tile guys going directly up to my 3" pipe and having to chisel it out for my flange, you can cut your 4" pipe flush to the floor and put a 3" closet flange directly into the 4"pipe with no tile or wood work necessary. I am going to use the 2" t vent or toilet vent to pick up the lav and remove the tub and its vent from the equation. I really need to use that 90 with the tap in the top for the tub. because of room, I will bring it up higher and independently vent it and I should be good? . Thanks again for your reply

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks