Delta HIGH FLOW (UNBXHF) shower only but use for tub

Users who are viewing this thread

krandle

Reaction score
I'm looking for maximum flow rate to a tub for faster fill. The Delta R10000-UNBXHF only has the shower port. (Not sure why they don't have a high flow for a tub given the size of some of the tubs these days). I could plumb the shower port around and down below the valve to a tub spout (although they seem to say don't do this) which would be easiest with PEX (but again, they say not to use PEX to the tub spout). Or some seem to suggest this valve can be installed upside down. If that makes more sense, do I just install the cartridge (series 17) upside down, or do I just plumb cold on left and hot on right? Or both?

index.php

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Why are you installing a shower only valve for a tub? R10000-UN is the four port tub and shower valve that you can cap the shower portion off.
PEX and their fittings are a major flow restriction to a tub spout. All instructions, all brands warn against that.

krandle

Reaction score
Why are you installing a shower only valve for a tub? R10000-UN is the four port tub and shower valve that you can cap the shower portion off.
PEX and their fittings are a major flow restriction to a tub spout. All instructions, all brands warn against that.

Thanks Terry. I would like to use the HF model (all are UN as far as I know) because it provides about 20-25% more flow than the BX -- and even greater than that when compared with the BXWS (with stops) according to a chart I found on your site at
https://terrylove.com/forums/index....lve-recommendations-for-good-flow-rate.64412/

That is a significant difference to me (or I should say, "my wife" since I don't take baths).

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks