Kinetico vs. Custom/Clack softener?

Users who are viewing this thread

Uncletim

Reaction score
Not a huge difference in price.

I have had 5 people up here so far. all have the *best* unit.

some say theirs will have less "slimy" water because they use better quality media.

this house sits empty for a month often, so something that does not regenerate all the time is nice.

the last guy that came up seems genuine, does his own with Clack controller.

I have no idea Click or Clack!

Thanks for any help.

Uncletim

Reaction score
the quote for the custom Clack model was the same as the quote for a Kinetico system. I am liking the kinetico system at this point.

not a DIYer really. I mean, i do some of my own work, fixed the water heater recently. I'd like the softenter installed.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
IMHO, Clack or Fleck. They are not supposed to sold online but they are not territory locked systems. In other words, if you are unhappy with your local technician, you can call one of a dozen other guys who service Clack and Fleck in your area, with proprietary systems you are locked into your territory by a single dealer. Avoid the Custom Clack models, just go with a standard. This way you are not locked into a single company.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks