Boiler modulation question

Users who are viewing this thread

MikeG88

Reaction score
It's the MXZ-3C revision. I don't have (and can't find) a users manual that really goes into the compressor itself. I downloaded the service and install manuals for the compressor but they don't seem to go into that detail.

On another note I lost power for over a day during one of the recent storms and I fired up the Navien on generator after the house had been unheated for maybe 22 hours and had dropped to 56F. It did take hours to get back up to 70ish, but there was very little cycling. I ran it at 160F for maybe the first hour or so before I noticed it, the I bumped it up to 180F. After about 4 hours it was approaching set point, but I fell asleep with out seeing actually how long it took. I woke up about two hours later and the house had at some point already reached set point. I could not locate any formula for calculating how long it takes to heat up (or cool down) such a difference. I've read some speculation about 2 degrees per hour, but I know there are many other factors the would effect the actual time to ramp back up.

Dana

In the trades
Reaction score
The primary factors of how long it takes to heat up is the rate heat is being emitted by the baseboard (which is a function of room temperature water temperature, and the amount of baseboard), the thermal mass of everything on the interior of the house's insulation layer, and the rate that heat is being lost from the house, (a function of the difference between indoor and outdoor temperature.) It's not a linear degrees per hour type function.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks