Under mount sink size and install specs

Users who are viewing this thread

Jsmallberries

Reaction score
I am making a precast concrete counter top for a bathroom vanity, the base cabinets are 21" deep, exterior dimension by approximately 9' 6" long. The top itself will be 23 1/4" deep by 1" thick.

There will be a a sink at each end. Of course the width isn't an issue it's the depth. The porcelain sink flange is 16.2" deep. I built the cabinets with 3/4" ply and added some reinforcement due to the weight of the concrete top, so there is even less space on the interior

I bought these sinks months ago and it seems they will be too deep front to back

Hope to use a rectangular sink.

What is the typical distance from the back splash to the faucets and what about at the front edge of the counter top to the sink?

What is the largest sink I can fit in?

Being concrete, what about minimum surface area needed front and rear? I know it's only 1" but it's a specially formulated counter top mix with basalt reinforcing rods

Any other recommendations.......besides don't do it?

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
"I bought these sinks months ago and it seems they will be too deep front to back"

- Sinks usually come with templates. If you still have them, use them.

"What is the typical distance from the back splash to the faucets and what about at the front edge of the counter top to the sink?"

- The faucet holes should be able to allow for easy faucet installation and operation.
2-1/2" to 3-1/2" from the splash guard will be good, if it works for you.
That will give you around 3"- 4" from the sink holes to the edge of the counter top. All measurements are approximate.

You can call granite fabricators for more accurate measurements and other info.

BTW, I have never worked with precast concrete counter tops. Send pictures when the job is completed.

Jsmallberries

Reaction score
Figured out the sinks were too big, waiting for slightly smaller sinks to come in.

Will need separate support, as these are heavy porcelain sinks.any ideas on that??

The product I'm using is XS precast from Surecrete. I am adding glass aggregate, You can add up to 10 pounds of aggregate per 50 pound bag

Hoping to have this done by next week

Jsmallberries

Reaction score
Pretty steep learning curve, glass aggregate is out with the XS precast cement, quartz aggregate is acceptable, much smaller granules to add interest to the concrete

For under mount bathroom sinks, what is an acceptable depth, remaining sink options, one is 4 1/2" deep, the other 6.26" deep, master bath sink regular use, does it matter? the basics, shave , brush teeth, wash face, repeat.....

Jsmallberries

Reaction score
wow, took a beating on this one, so many ways to f it up , but very happy with the end product. If you have any questions let me know. Won't make the same mistakes again, Surecrete has a great product, once you have it figured out

I made a 3/4" back splash , but I thought a mosaic tile would make it more interesting looking.

Attachments

• CounterDone.jpg
    CounterDone.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 321
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks