Well pressure cut on not changing

Users who are viewing this thread

mcbklyn

Reaction score
Hi,
I bought a house half year ago.
I have subversive well (unknown depth) with Myers pump (unknown model), ProPlumber 30/50 pressure switch, 20 gal Pro-Source (2017) tank.
Tank pressure on empty has 29.5 psi.
Pressure switch kicks in at about 25 psi and switches off at about 35psi.
I tried to adjust pressure switch with big screw to bump up range to 30/50, which I understand it should be.

Here is the problem I found:
lower pressure when pump kicks in never changes and always stays about 25psi. Upper pressure I am able to regulate with either big screw (to change the range) or small cutoff screw.
I heard from my inspector before the house purchase that well pump may be failing or may be obstructed by silt. I do see small debris and dirt in water.

I am trying to understand how this well system works and what is wrong with the switch and cut on pressure.
Is it really an issue with the pump or maybe something with a switch?

Thanks

mcbklyn

Reaction score
Two possibilities. There may be mineral buildup under the diaphragm on the switch or in the nipple.
Pressure switch and nipple was replaced less then 2 years ago together with pressure tank. Will that be enough time to create mineral buildup?
Pressure gauge looks old (Merrill).
Should I start with replacing the switch to see if that helps?

Attachments

• switch.jpg
    switch.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 227
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks