Help Needed with DWV plan

Users who are viewing this thread

LesP

Reaction score
I would appreciate feedback on my proposed drain and vent layout for two new bathrooms on the main floor. Is it better to have the drain right below the vent wall or angle the drain away from the wall to keep the run as straight as possible.

Drains Top View.jpg or DWV Plan.jpg

Also, is it okay to wet vent both toilets off Lav #2 if I use a 2" vent there? The wet wall is only 2"x4" and while it is not load-bearing, I don't see a way to run anything bigger than 1.5" vents across the stud bays.

Thanks in advance for your guidance!
Les

LesP

Reaction score
I have spent more time working on the drain and vent layout and have what I hope is a better approach:

DWV Plan v2.jpg

The fixture drains will enter the main drain horizontally via a wye or tee-wye. The vents will enter vertically via a 2" x 2" x 1.5" tee-wye and I will combine them above 42" and exit the roof behind Lav 2 (which I will size up to a 2" vent)

A few questions for you:
1) The shower vent is positioned after the fixture wye, while the bathtub vent is currently positioned before the wye. Are both approaches allowed by UPC code? Is there a better way to vent these fixtures?

2) I would like to wet vent both toilets off the Lav 2 drain/vent which will be 2". Is the toilet "trap" length the distance between the toilet flange drop and the wye connection? If so, then I am under the UPC 5' max distance, but not if the measurement has to go back to the vertical part of the vent.

3) Do I have enough cleanouts and are they in the right spot?

Thanks so much for your help!

LesP

Reaction score
Bump-ity bump...

I have noticed that many of the typical DWV setups are for horizontal to vertical drain connections. I will have horizontal trap arms for the shower, bath, and toilets joining a horizontal drain line (all sloped appropriately, of course!). Is this okay given that I am trying to save on altitude?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks